Cinnamon Apple Sweet Rolls
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 Tbsp. butter
600g self raising flour
2 Tbsp. baking powder
150g dried milk powder
1/2 tsp. salt
225g butter or cooking marg
6 Cameo® apples, peeled and grated
Biscuit mix (above)
240ml cold water
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
ice cream or whipped cream, optional
Prepare the syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; stir until butter melts. Set aside; cover to keep hot.
Prepare the biscuit mix:
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl of food processor, gradually add the butter. Set aside.
Prepare Sweet Rolls:
- Preheat oven to 190°C/Gas 5 Coat 13×9″ pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Gently stir water into biscuit mixture until just moistened. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Knead dough about 2 min.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough into 3/8″ thick rectangle approximately 20×11″. Spread apples over dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon; roll up in a swiss roll fashion. Cut 12 equal 1-1/2″ slices.
- Place rolls in prepared pan, allowing a little space between rolls. Pour hot syrup mixture evenly over the rolls. Bake 45 min. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.