1x7g sachet active dry yeast
3 Tbsp. warm water
1 tsp. granulated sugar
100g. chopped pecans or walnuts
175g soft brown sugar, divided
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
55g chilled butter or margarine, cut up
110g. butter or margarine, softened
175g vanilla yogurt
1 extra large egg
150g plain flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
3 Cameo apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced ( 3 c.)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Dissolve yeast in warm water, in small bowl; stir in granulated sugar. Let stand for 10 min., or until mixture expands and starts to bubble.
- Stir together pecans, half of the brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in chilled butter until mixture resembles small peas. Set aside for topping.
- Beat together remaining brown sugar, softened butter, yogurt and egg on medium speed of electric mixer until mixture is fluffy. Beat in yeast mixture just until blended.
- Mix flour and baking powder; stir into yogurt mixture just until moistened. Spread or pat dough with floured fingers evenly greased 13×9-inch baking pan (batter will be stiff). Arrange apple slices in rows, overlapping slightly, over batter.
- Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35 to 45 min. or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean, and apples are tender. Cut into squares and serve warm or cooled.