Cameo Treat Squares
50ml rapeseed oil, plus extra for greasing
3 Cameo apples, cored and chopped
Zest and juice of ½ orange, reserving some zest to decorate
250g rolled oats
50g pecan nuts, roughly crushed, plus extra to decorate
100g pistachio, roughly crushed, plus extra to decorate
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp freshly grated nutmeg
150ml Manuka or any other honey
25ml natural yogurt
100g icing sugar
- Grease and line a baking tray. In a large bowl, combine the apples and zest and juice orange, then put aside one-quarter of the mixture in a small bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan, dry fry the oats, pecan nuts, pistachios and sesame seeds for 4 mins, stirring, then add the nutmeg and apple pieces. Stir in the honey and oil, and transfer to the prepared baking tray. Push the mixture into the tray and level out with the back of a wooden spoon or a spatula. Mark and cut into 24 squares with a dinner knife, then chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6 and bake for 10-15 mins, until golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- In a food processor, whiz the remaining apple pieces together and add the yogurt. Mix in the icing sugar, then stand for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled squares, along with the extra pecan nuts, pistachios and zest. Separate into bars and keep in a sealed container for up to 3 days.