French Apple Toast
1 tsp. vanilla
3/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
8 slices bread
2 Tbsp. butter, divided
100gwalnuts OR pecans, chopped
Cameo® Apple Topping:
3 Tbsp. butter
4 Cameo® apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
175g brown sugar
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat butter in medium skillet over medium heat until melted. Add apples; cook 5 min, stirring frequently.
- Add sugar and cinnamon; cook 2 min. more or until apples are slightly soft. Keep warm.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together in large bowl. Soak bread slices in mixture 5 min. or until saturated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in large skillet over medium heat. Press each bread slice into nuts to coat, if desired. Cook 2-3 slices until golden brown on each side, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices and nuts, adding butter to skillet as needed. Serve hot with apple topping.